WMCA Board Meeting
September 6, 2018
7:30 – 9:00am
Kent ISD, ESC, Board Room
- Call to Order – 7:38am
- Approval of Minutes – May 10, 2018
- Officer Reports
- President – Anne Harig
- Past President – Kasey Hagler- Professional Development Hours. Specifics with recertification. 25 hours college, 25 hours career, certain amount for military. Also, we need to have sex trafficking training hours. Professional learning hours means what?
- President Elect – Judy Bouley – Nothing to report
- Treasurer – Dave Witucki – Not starting off with as much as we did last year, but we did spend more than usual with smart purchases.
- Membership – Renee Hartman – Membership has been light. We have about 15 memberships. Wants to put membership list in shared drive. We need to start a new email list of current members. Need to get new members in the 2018-2019 email list.
- Secretary – Angela Pulera – Nothing to report.
- Newsletter – Open – Need someone to fill this role. Changing “Newsletter” to “Communication Rep” – May need to change something up with our gmail account.
- Marketing – Dori Castignola – If you have any suggestion for Dori to post on facebook please share them with her.
- Reps at Large – Eric Kelliher, Diane Schroeder – Erik – Talked about Global Career Development Facilitator. Diane – Gave quick update on Ashley VanBemmelen. Diane and Ashley would like to lead a breakout session, “How to start your own practice.”
- Community Liaison – Anthony Muller – N/A
- Grade Level
- High School – Ken Parker, Lacy Otteman – Ken – Lots of questions about the hours of recertification from fellow counselors. Lacy – Having a PLC about how we will all get those recertifications hours. Will share information if they come up with something.
- Middle School – MaryAnne Harris, Deanna DiPonio – Nothing to report.
- Elementary – Hillary DeRidder – Hiring at Kelloggsville’s high school.
- Grad Student Rep – LaAnne Lazar
- Website – Ashley VanBemmelen – Would like to help create an online applications.
- Old Business
- New Business
- Fall conference – Prolong morning and do a later lunch. Start time for memberships 7:30am.
- Diane is going to make 3 gift bags for our presenters
- Dori – Put link to membership on facebook
- Newsletter – Change description to “Communications Rep”
- Board Member Info Sheet
- SCECHs – Deanna will do SCECHs again!
Sept. 6, 2018 – Board Meeting, KISD
Oct. 4, 2018 – Board Meeting, KISD
Oct. 19 – Fall Conference @ DU
Nov. 8, 2018 – Board Meeting, KISD
Jan. 10, 2019 – Board Meeting, KISD
Feb. 14, 2019 – Winter Conference, KISD
March 7, 2019 – Board Meeting, KISD
April 19, 2019 – Spring Banquet, Downtown Market
May 9, 2019 – Board Meeting, KISD
2018/19 WMCA Board
President: Anne Harig (2020)
President-Elect: Judy Bouley (2021)
Past-President: Kasey Hagler (2019)
Treasurer: Dave Witucki (2019)
Secretary: Angie Pulera (2020)
High School Representative: Lacy Otteman (2020)
High School Representative: Ken Parker (2019)
Middle School Representative: Deanna DiPonio (2019)
Middle School Representative: MaryAnn Harris (2020)
Elementary School Representative: Hillary DeRidder (2019)
Elementary School Representative: OPEN (2020)
Representative at Large: Diane Schroeder (2019)
Representative at Large: Eric Kelliher (2020)
Community Liaison: Anthony Muller (appointed)
Marketing/Advertising: Dori Castignola (appointed)
Membership: Renee Hartman (appointed)
MCA Governing Council Representative: HOLD
Website: Ashley VanBemmelen (appointed)
WMCA Historian: Kasey Hagler (appointed)
Graduate Student Representative: LeAnne Lazar (appointed)