The West Michigan Counseling Association (WMCA) is a not-for-profit, professional and educational organization that is dedicated to the growth and enhancement of the counseling profession.
WMCA is one of the state’s largest chapters of the Michigan Counseling Association (MCA). As a regional chapter of MCA, WMCA locally represents professional counselors in various practice settings.
By providing leadership, newsletters, conferences, and MCA representation to nearly 150 members, WMCA helps counseling professionals develop their skills and expand their knowledge base in effort to contribute to a healthier community.
2022-2023 Executive Board
- President: Kasey Hagler
- President-Elect: Cara Burk
- Past-President: Ashley VanBemmelen
- Treasurer: Kelly Green
- Secretary: Angie Pulera
- High School Representative: Lacy Otteman
- High School Representative: Liz Pellegram
- Middle School Representative: MaryAnne Harris
- Middle School Representative: Julia Wagner
- Elementary School Representative: Amy Hallead
- Representative at Large: Kate DeVries
- Community Liaison: Anthony Muller (appointed)
- Marketing/Advertising: Jeronica Anderws-Avila
- Membership: Hillary DeRidder
- Communications Rep: Dani Laur
- MCA Governing Council Representative: Ashley VanBemmelen
- Website: Brittany Steenland
- WMCA Historian: Vacant
- Graduate Student Representative: Erica Hoff
- MA Counseling Grad Student Representative: TBD
Please note that we often have open positions on the WMCA Executive Board. If you are interested, please apply for membership and include areas of interest on the form or contact Kasey Hagler directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The year in parentheses, following each name, indicates the year through which each board member will serve. Committee chair positions are appointed and are indicated by the word “appointed” following the names.