West Michigan Counseling Association
Meeting Minutes 11/18/04
- Conference Survey will be handed out today
- College Goal Sunday information will be forwarded to our membership
II. Past President
III. President Elect
- Newsletter is out
- The next newsletter deadlines is January 17 and will be out by February 1
- Our membership is at 150
- We are not releasing e-mail addresses to third parties
- Deb to create stationary $100 was allocated
VIII. Rep at Large
- It was suggested to create both an event planning form as well as a post event form. Karyn will do this for us!
IX. MCA Assemble Representative
- MCA 05 will be in Traverse City
- Summer Leadership Conference discussed
- We need to publish on all of our publications the MCA nondiscrimination statement and that we are a chapter of MCA
- We were reminded to mark our calendars for the Legislative Day in Lansing
X. Grade Level Reps
- We are in need of an elementary and high school rep. Shawn was going to follow-up with potential candidates … Dan Romero and Curt Hoffman
XI. Old Business
- Update on Shoreline Outreach – February 06 possible a joint meeting
- Scholarship – discussion on how to allocate funds – decision to keep the $250 scholarship for two students was decided.
XII. New Business
- A discussion took place regarding length and timeliness of meetings. It was decided that we will meet in Jan. Feb. March and May. These meetings will be kept to one hour.
- Lynda has committed to creating position descriptions as past president
- School to Careers rep will be at our next meeting
- Our tri-fold board will be redone for publicity at different events. Danielle has agreed to do this.
Newsletter – board members are to bring articles, ideas, and input
Requesting fro President Elect and Secretary Elect candidates for MCA office.
Meeting Adjourned for Board members to attend Fall Conference.